Friday, January 29, 2010

Reflections on a great dad-daughter relationship

Our coworker KM graciously agreed to write a few thoughts on the legacy of her father's wonderful example...here are her thoughts:

"If you look up daddy’s little girl in the dictionary, a picture of me and my dad should appear beside it. My dad didn’t grow up with any sisters, and with two boys before I came along, I’m sure it would have been easy to leave things up to my mom. But my dad has shown me from a very young age that I am important to him and that I am beautiful.

Other than my husband, I’ve been out on more dates with my dad than anyone else. Because of him there has never been a Valentines day where I was without a valentine. He coupled these sweet things with teaching me practical things – like working on cars, and fixing things around the house. He showed me many of the qualities I needed to look for in the man I would marry, while teaching me to be a strong, independent woman on my own."


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome many points of view and great discussion. However, please be aware that comments go through an approval process. The blog administrators reserve the right to not post or delete any comments that are not appropriate (ie: comments with obscene, explicit, sexist, racist or otherwise derogatory language), impolite (ie: comments containing personal attacks, insults or threats), dishonest (ie: potentially libelous comments), or are spam. Thanks for understanding!