Thursday, September 17, 2009

Good player. Great dad.

Brodrick Smith is a young dad. And a pretty good football player. But he recently made the gutsy and sacrificial choice to leave a full ride football scholarship at Minnesota to be closer to his young son Blake. And driving his decision was his experience with his own mostly-absent father. Read the rest of the story here.

"Being a man, I'm out here trying to do good and get my education and play football," said Smith, a sophomore wide receiver who enrolled at K-State this fall. "I thought in my head that I had a dad who wasn't there for me, and I didn't want that for my son."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome many points of view and great discussion. However, please be aware that comments go through an approval process. The blog administrators reserve the right to not post or delete any comments that are not appropriate (ie: comments with obscene, explicit, sexist, racist or otherwise derogatory language), impolite (ie: comments containing personal attacks, insults or threats), dishonest (ie: potentially libelous comments), or are spam. Thanks for understanding!